a girl, a guy, a tomato, a bean, and a bear

Friday, January 9, 2009

Illustration Friday: Contained

I haven't participated in Illustration Friday for weeks now. This week's topic is "contained" and I came up with this image. I sketched it today and decided on this version after trying to color it more extensively.

Lately I've been feeling a bit short on ideas. I have plenty of desire to create, but my attempts have been frustrating. I say lately, but it's been on going for a while. I know I just need to DRAW and nevermind that I think it's crappy, I'll end up improving despite myself. I'm starting a class here in a few weeks. Usually structure helps me keep on track.

Hope you enjoy these fellows. I'm particularly pleased with their expressions.

9 comments:

CharlieCreek said...

poor little things in the jars! yes, just keep creating and relax, if you get frustrated it makes it worse..just have fun.

Amy C said...

oh my so cute, I like the little upside down chap on the right!

It sure looks like you are having fun with this piece, but I so know what you mean about structure - I need and love structure and organization too.

Matthew Smith said...

such cute and clever characters. well done!

Fadas & C.ª said...

Poor little guys trapped in bottles! But they are really cute and expressive!

Asja said...

lovely work! very cute.

Senta said...

This is wonderful, I just love it, and the little touches of color are just the right touch.

I am the same way, classes really help me stay on track too. I need to find a really good one! Good luck with yours!

John said...

bears in a jar hahahah this is great ....well done!

pati @-;-- said...

Awww... they are too cute! XD

cabana digital

flower girl said...

Cute and lovely =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails